Time served Centre Lathe Turner required with good experience in Milling & Drilling on conventional machines and also CNC work programme and operate XYZ machinery (in-house training given for CNC).
Applicants shall be skilled City & Guilds in engineering (or NVQ) with broad experience, able to work with minimum supervision from a drawing using a wide range of basic materials.
Clean, warm well-lit machine shop and good working environment with conventional and challenging work. Company manufactures own products, one offs and small batch work.
Rate of pay would be commensurate with experience (details on application), 37½ hours basic plus benefits, pension contribution, 32 paid holidays (accrued from start) and occasional overtime. Safety wear provided.
You will have the responsibility of:
- Accurate measurement using precision measuring equipment
- Continually making attempts to improve productivity and work methods
- Working to COSHH regulations and being aware of risk assessments and work procedures
- Ensuring relevant documentation is complete
- Ensuring equipment is maintained in good working order and faults reported immediately
- Ensuring safety practices are carried out
- Keeping work areas tidy and free from obstacles
Skills and experience required:
- Capable of reading engineering drawings
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise
No agencies please.
Applications in writing by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post -
T.E.L. Engineering Limited
Unit 2 Levens Road